Thursday, October 20, 2011

Beware of Fake Spektrum Recievers

  I would like to tell you all to beware of fake Spektrum recievers.  Or better yet, watch out for ANY counterfit RC electronics.  I have seen some places on the web selling Spektrum recievers for around $10 each.  At first glance one would think that is an AWSUME deal!  But then take a moment and think about how much of a deal it realy is.  That $10 reciever just might cost you your $300 or more plane!  When I was at the 'Mini-Fly-In' that I blogged about yesterday, there was one flyer that had 2 of his planes go out of control, and he said that he had lost all control of his plane.  The loss of control may have been contributed to the $10 Spektrum recievers that he bought on line.  I am not completly sure at this point if that was truly the cause.  But it did make me think about posting this warning.
  China does not fall under the same copyright laws that companies do here in the U.S.  As you may know, China has no problems making infirier products, and putting some other companies name on the product.  Now there are some great cheap RC web sites out there, some sites have great deals on planes, and batteries and such, but when it comes to the electronics, I would only buy those from trusted web sites.  If your looking for a particular brand, what I would do is go to that brands web site, then click on the 'Where to Buy' link, and then buy the product from those sites.  That way you should be buying from an authorized dealer of that product.  And as the saying goes.... 'If it looks to good to be true, it probrably is!'.

 I'm not saying don't pass up on a good deal, I'm just saying be carful.

No comments:

Post a Comment